IMPORTANT COVID VACCINE INFORMATION
COVID Vaccination Update
The NHS is currently offering the COVID-19 vaccine to people most at risk.
In England, the COVID-19 vaccine is being offered in some hospitals and pharmacies, at local centres run by GPs and at larger vaccination centres. More centres are opening all the time.
It's being given to:
People aged 16 and 17: the NHS will contact you when it's your turn to get the vaccine. You'll be invited to a local NHS service such as a GP surgery. You cannot book your appointment online.
If you're aged 18 or over (or will turn 18 within 3 months), you can book your vaccination appointments now. You do not need to wait to be contacted. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/
- people at high risk from COVID-19 (clinically extremely vulnerable)
- people who live or work in care homes
- health and social care workers
- people with a condition that puts them at higher risk (clinically vulnerable)
- people with a learning disability
- people who are a main carer for someone at high risk from COVID-19
Please book an appointment using the national booking system for a list of sites
Any patients that have had the Covid vaccitions taken outside the country, willl not be able to be provided with a covid pass. However you will be able to access the verification of your injecion through our Patient Acess app Patient Access - GP appointments & prescriptions online or the NHS app NHS App - NHS (www.nhs.uk).
The eligible groups would be those between 1-9 for the booster:
An announcement will be sent to paitents to book an appointment which will be external to the practice, just like the the first two does.
- There needs to take place 6 moths after the second vaccination
- Individuals who are immunosupressed are edligible 8 weeks or more after the second vaccination
- Appointments can also be made via NHS (111)
Support with self-isolation
Hackney Council and City of London Corporation are running an 8-week pilot project at Pembury and Woodberry Down estates in Hackney and Mansell Street, Middlesex Street and Golden Lane estates in the City in July and August. The project aims to better support residents who need to self-isolate for 10 days and who struggle to do so. Any household in one of the pilot areas where a positive case is found can access the support.
Follow the link for more info:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oLB-aCmXrEi51M_1RSk4WAHP0y1_KElC/view
Call the Covid-19 Helpline on 020 8356 3111, and select option 3. The line will be open Mon-Fri from 9-5 and Sat-Sun from 9.30-6.
If you need to self-isolate and need an isolation note for your employers, please follow the link:
https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note/. (%20https:/111.nhs.uk/isolation-note/. ) We will NOT be providing sick notes for isolating.
You can register for the NHS APP https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/the-nhs-app/) via your APP store and order your repeat prescription.
As ever we will continue to provide as much information as we can, as soon as we can via our website and text message service.
Thank you again for your support in these unprecedented times and we wish all of our patients well.
Kind regards,Mercedes O'Garro ( Practice Manager)
URGENT COVID VACCINATIONS
City and Hackney CCG are now vaccinating people in priority groups 1- 12. Please see the guidance below.
- Residents aged 70 or above or clinically extremely vulnerable (high risk): Contact their GP if you have not had your first vaccination
- Frontline health and social care workers: Speak to your manager find out how to get an appointment locally.
- Residents aged 16-64 who are clinically vulnerable (moderate risk) or residents who are in receipt of a carer’s allowance, or are the main carer of an elderly or disabled person who is at increased risk of Covid-19 mortality and therefore clinically vulnerable - Please wait for your GP to contact you
Cohort 5,8, 9,10,11
- Residents aged 25 -69: Please book an appointment using the national booking system for a list of sites or wait to be contacted by their GP
There are now six vaccination sites in City and Hackney. You need an appointment to attend these sites:
Primary Care sites (booked through GPs)
- John Scott Health Centre, Green Lanes, Hackney N4 2NU
- Bocking Street Vaccination Centre, Hackney Central E8 3RU
Pharmacy sites (booked through the National Booking site)
- Clockwork Pharmacy - 398-400 Mare Street, Hackney, London E8 1HP
- Bees Pharmacy - 199-201 Rushmore Road, Clapton, E5 0HD
- Haggerston Pharmacy - 201 Haggerston Road, E8 4HU
- Silverfields Chemist, 141 Homerton High Street, E9 6AS
- Boots Chemist in Fleet Street
Many Thanks and kind regards
Mercedes O'Garro (17.6.21)